Thursday, October 09, 2014

Day 9: A favorite moment remembered


I imagine I'm a lot like many of you. I have a great idea for a family photo, and I can't wait to make it happen. A few years ago, I saw several cute shots taken from above of families lying in lush grass.

So back in the summer of 2011, my extended family was together at the beach…taking a few large family shots on one of our final nights all together. And there was this great grass.

So I convinced Brent it would be cute (and worth the effort) and we began. The two of us laid down in the grass and then aunts and uncles and grandparents helped the kiddos get into place. My sister sweetly took pictures (gaining height by sitting on her husband's shoulders.) We tried a few different arrangements, but it wasn't long before our littlest was done.

We got a few shots that (while not exactly what I was imagining) were still good and special with everyone making a face that could pass for happy.

But maybe my favorite one now? This one:


One of the final shots. Madeleine is crying. Nathanael is being silly. Or trying to make his sister (or Aunt Katy) laugh by making a face. Hadleigh is sweetly smiling, but I remember her asking if we could be finished yet because the grass was itchy.

And Brent and I are just laughing. Soaking up the crazy moment. I look at this picture, and I can remember this moment so clearly. And it makes me thankful for saving the not-so-perfect pictures, because that's where memory lingers.

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs