Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fresh, quick, and delicious


I love tasting something wonderful at a new restaurant and then doing my best to recreate it at home.

So back in May, Brent and I celebrated our anniversary with a progressive dinner at a few favorite spots in historic Fredericksburg, VA. Oh, I must admit I'm missing Fredericksburg these days!

I had a fruit and cheese appetizer that was wonderful...and so very easy to replicate back at home. It's fresh and perfect for summer appetizers...or even as a nice change to a salad. I've prepared it several times since for friends and family...and it's always a favorite part of the meal!


Manchego and Apples

2-3 apples, choose your favorite crisp apple, sweet or tart
Manchego cheese
good quality honey
Marcona almonds
sea salt

1. Core apples and thinly slice them. Slice Manchego into thin pieces, approximately the size of the apple slices.

2. Arrange apples on a serving platter or on individual plates. (I'd allot about 6-8 slices per person.) Top each apple with a slice of cheese. Drizzle with honey and top generously with almonds. Very sparingly, top with freshly ground sea salt.

Due to the apples, it is best to prepare this as close to serving time as possible.

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs