Wednesday, November 02, 2011

My Winter Cuppa Tea

Earl Grey Lattes.

Perfect for crisp afternoons.

Dreamy, smooth, and sweet.


A good drink to have in your repertoire.

Earl Grey Latte
serves one

1/2 cup water
1 Earl Grey teabag (I use Tazo for these...though I love Twinings too.)
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla syrup (to suit taste)

1. Bring water to boil in a tea kettle.  Place teabag in a large mug.  When water boils, pour over teabag to fill the mug halfway.

2. Meanwhile, pour milk into the glass of a frother.  I use this one with great success.  Immediately AFTER pouring water over teabag, microwave milk for 1 minute 5 seconds. Milk should begin to bubble around edges and be hot. (Your microwave may heat differently, so experiment to get hot milk using the least time possible.)

3.  Place frother lid in the frother and pump until milk has doubled in amount, about 45 seconds to one minute.
4. Immediately pour frothed milk over tea and steep for two more minutes.  I like to steep for a total of 4 to 4.5 minutes, so it's important to work quickly.  Remove teabag carefully with a spoon, to preserve foam on top.

5.  Add about 1 tablespoon of vanilla syrup (more or less to suit your taste) and stir.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Christa said...

Not a tea fan here, but I absolutely love that cup!

Unknown said...

That sounds delightful! Love a tasty cup of tea in the middle of a cold winter!

Mary Jo said...

Mmmm. I've been drinking lots of tea lately, too. Mostly Lemon/Ginger tea with Honey. But had a good blueberry one today :)

JennO said...

That looks delicious!! It almost makes me wish I could have milk. :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs