Saturday, August 13, 2011

After a bowl of tomato basil soup...

Yesterday, to celebrate our last day before school starts, we went to one of our favorite lunch spots, a small locally-owned European bistro.  They have an interesting mix of foods...everything's delicious...homemade croissants...delicious pastries...and every plate gets a chocolate-covered strawberry. Yum. 

There's not much room inside (and it's not the most child-friendly dining set-up...although the owners and staff LOVE children...it's just a bit precarious indoors) so we usually only eat there when it's nice enough to sit outside, under a rainbow-colored umbrella.


My favorite thing though is the Tomato-Basil Soup.  It's unlike any I've ever had before. And I've sampled lots. It's served with spiced, toasted slices of their croissants, which gives it a spicy kick that is amazing.   My girls love the soup too...although they usually always pass their croissants to me.

When we move, I will ask beg them for the recipe. Beg.

And to our table's delight, an empty bowl of tomato basil soup revealed a rainbow in my soup spoon.

Day 12: close up

2 comments:

jamie long said...

Omg, I love tomato basil soup! Love to dine outdoors too, especially with the kiddos.

Briana Johnson said...

The rainbow spoon - how cool is that! My hubs and you would get along well with the tomato soup - none for me really, I'll take potato.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs