Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Oreos and Brownies? Yes, please.

Oreos are one of my two store-bought cookie weaknesses. (The other is Vienna Fingers. I inherited that from my mom. You have to chill them in the fridge, just so you know. )

I saw this recipe on Pinterest...and I just had to try it.

I decided to make these while my parents were visiting last week...because, well, just because. I don't really ever need an excuse to bake, but company definitely qualifies as a reason to bake. And bake well. And my Dad likes Oreos. He's in good company. ;)

Why have I never thought of putting Oreos in brownies? I've put them in sugar cookies...yum. And brownies, trust me--delicious as well.

Oreos and Cream Brownies
1 box Brownie Mix (I went for the most decadent, chocolatey Ghirardelli box I could find...Chocolate Supreme)
eggs
vegetable oil
6 oz. vanilla ice cream (I used Edy's Double Vanilla)
1 package Oreo cookies
1/4 cup hot fudge, room temperature

1. Preheat oven according to your brownie mix directions. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.

2.In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, eggs and oil. (Follow your brownie's directions for the egg and oil amounts.)

3. In a small bowl, make your own cookies and cream ice cream: combine vanilla ice cream with 4-6 Oreo cookies, breaking the cookies as you stir into smaller pieces. Feel free to use more or less Oreos to suit your taste. (I will use more next time, but I wanted to make sure I had enough cookies to use in the brownies.) Pour ice cream and hot fudge into the brownie mix:

Continue to stir until all brownie mix is moistened. (I was concerned at first that there wasn't enough liquid, but the fudge and ice cream solve the problem!)

4. Place half of the brownie mix in pan, spreading to cover the bottom evenly. Place one layer of Oreo cookies over the mix. I used between 16-20, cutting some in half to fill in gaps along the edge of the pan. Then spoon remaining batter evenly over Oreo layer, spreading carefully to cover.

5. Bake according to package directions, about 40-50 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving. These are delicious warm...but even better the next day!

I think it would be fun to crumble Oreos over the top before baking as well! And don't forget to eat an Oreo or two while baking...we did!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, my! This looks SO good! Thanks for sharing! :)

Katy said...

Umm, yumm. Why don't I have a package of Oreos to whip this up right now? Well...I guess we should finish the other brownies that are already made first.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs