Monday, September 15, 2008

Little Bits of Fun

So first of all, this little guy started potty-training this weekend...
and he is all about getting M&M's. He's doing great so far, only 3 accidents in 3 days (and none today yet)...but the real question is whether he will ever stop in the middle of doing something to tell us he has to go. He'll say yes when we ask, but...

I thought I'd share some things we're enjoying around here lately!

Trash Ties. These are fabulous. I got one set of the standard lengths in pink (go figure) for Hadleigh, and I plan on ordering LOTS more. It is so much easier to do fun pigtails and such with these than regular ol' rubber bands. And they don't snag on hair, which is huge when your little girl "thinks" she has such a sensitive head! I ordered a long chocolate brown tie for myself and I'm having fun playing with it...and wishing my hair was a little bit longer so I could do more with it.
Here's a close up:
Brent discovered these from a friend...they are wood chips made from Jack Daniels whiskey barrels and when you soak them and then use them on the grill with your meat...well, they definitely make a great burger!
And Mom brought these for Hadleigh on her last visit... a Tissue Paper Flowers kit. We've had lots of fun with them...and there are SO many to make! We haven't even made a dent in the kit!

And, um, a really really fun surprise from my sister this past Friday:

These two are engaged!!! Congrats Katy and Alex...we are SO excited for you!Hope you're having a great Monday!

5 comments:

Shawna said...

i still cannot believe katy is engaged!!! so exciting. i just keep looking back at this picture...over and over. :)

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

Fun!
Love those trash ties- what a great idea!
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! So excited for Katy! Praise God that He has blessed her with such a wonderful boy to love her. She will be a great wife!

And, Hooray for trash ties! I just bought some... one set for me and one set for my niece. and i'll be telling all of my clients about these. great idea! thanks for blogging about it!

diane said...

Congrats to Katy, so exciting!

Do the trash ties slide at all or do they stay put pretty well?

sarah corbin said...

oh, my, goodness! who is alex? and why haven't i heard of him yet?

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs