Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Best Ever!

These pancakes make an appearance quite often in our family. Sunday mornings served with scrambled eggs, especially, but also for special occasions, snowy days (or rainy days), and as "breakfast for dinner".

Maybe you already have a favorite recipe for pancakes. Try this one too. Because you might have just found another. I can't claim this recipe as my own...it's from Cottage Living. It's fabulous.

They are wonderful with just butter and syrup. (My husbands favorite.) Blueberries. Bananas and Pecans. (My recent favorite.) Fresh fruit syrups are equally good. My children like me to make pancakes in the shape of their initials. Or hearts.

The recipe doubles and triples easily, to serve a crowd. I can't believe I haven't shared this one before. (I feel like I have...I feel like I can remember what I wrote...but then again, sometimes I blog in my head.)

Tomorrow night might just be breakfast for dinner. (Only because we're grilling tonight!)

The Best Buttermilk Pancakes Ever!

1 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled slightly
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg

1. Melt butter and allow to cool. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine liquid ingredients. Add liquids to flour mixture and whisk until just blended. Let stand 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat griddle. Pour batter onto griddle and cook until pancakes are bubbly and the edges are slightly browned. Flip and cook approximately 2 minutes on other side. Keep pancakes warm until ready to serve.

Yields: about 12 medium-sized pancakes.

And you will enjoy. Trust me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMM yummy! Thanks for the recipe! Off to use it for a Saturday morning breakfast. yummy!

Anonymous said...

oooh yum! i think pancakes may be my favorite breakfast, so i'm gonna have to try these! tfs!

Lauren said...

Those do look good Yum!! Can you make me some??

Hilary said...

We love brinner!

Shawna said...

I blog in my head too! So funny. These look amazing. Maybe they will be my Monday treat tomorrow. :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs