Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Perfect for summer.

This is a fabulous recipe that serves a crowd. (I recently made it when Brent's family was visiting: 6 adults and 7 children...mine was closer to 4 lbs.) It's delicious served with baked potatoes, salad, and of course, Texas toast!

Texas Beef Brisket

4-5 lb. beef brisket, with fat trimmed
celery salt
onion salt
one bottle liquid smoke
one bottle worcestershire sauce
one recipe Smoky Sauce

1. Place brisket in a large baking dish and sprinkle generously with celery salt and onion salt. Pour half of the bottle of liquid smoke over brisket. Marinate overnight. Immediately in the morning, turn brisket over.
2. When ready to cook, pour 1/3 to 1/2 of bottle of worcestershire sauce over brisket. Cook, covered, slowly at 250 degrees for 6 to 8 hours.
3. Pour smoky sauce over brisket for the last hour of cooking. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Reserve the sauce in the cooking dish. Slice and serve with remaining sauce.

Smoky Sauce

2 Tbsp. liquid smoke
2 Tbsp. brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
5 Tbsp. melted butter
4 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
3 tsp. dry mustard
2 dashes of pepper

1. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and simmer 5 minutes.

2 comments:

The Dansbys said...

Kimber- I am so glad you found me! I was just thinking of RUF the other day and I thought about you! What are you up to these days? Amelia

Haberdawoman said...

Hello there, I saw your post on S Howell's blog asking about the class she will be teaching. If you call the number she posted you will be able to pucrchase the kit. I called and bought it the moment I read that. That is the closest I will ever get to attending a class she teaches since I live in S Florida :D Have fun.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs