Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cafe Cappuccino

This is one of my favorite breakfast places in the world. It has the best pancakes ever. They are the size of your plate. You only need one. And it is almost too much to eat. (Their omelettes are good too, but I can't go without a pancake.)

Cafe Cappuccino is in Waco, TX where I went to college. I have fond memories of going here with a group of dear friends after a morning final exam...of waking up to a rainy Saturday morning, discovering Steppin' Up was cancelled (it's a huge Baylor service project within the community) and getting pancakes with my best friends...fun memories of taking Brent there for the first time!

I have gotten to go a few times in the last few years when I visit my sister, because she always remembers how much I love it and we work it in to our visit! Those have been some of my favorite times there...just spending time with Katy and enjoying breakfast together. We love to order two different of pancakes and then split them in half to share! My favorites include the banana pecan, mixed berry and nut, chocolate chip...but by far, my favorite is their gingerbread pancakes!

This recipe doesn't quite meet my Cafe Cappuccino expectations, but it's still yummy!

Gingerbread Pancakes

1 1/3 cup flour

2 Tbsp. sugar

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup dark amber beer (stout)

1/4 cup buttermilk

1 egg

2 Tbsp. butter, melted

1 Tbsp. molasses



1. Whisk together dry ingredients. Combine liquid ingredients in a separate bowl; whisk until slightly frothy. Add to flour mixture and whisk until just blended.

2. Spoon about 2 Tbsp. batter onto lightly greased griddle. Cook over low, even heat to avoid browning too quickly. Cook until covered with bubbles and edges turn brown. Turn and cook the other side until golden brown, about two minutes.

Yields 1 dozen four-inch pancakes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I ever made this, I think it would be one of my favorite things. I can eat pancakes ANY time.

Ella said...

yum! that sounds so good! and cafe cappucino...wow! i didn't even know it existed...i really missed out. now i will know to check it out the next time i'm in waco.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs