Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sleepy.

I am SO very sleepy. Brent's mom was in town visiting (hence my blog neglect), and so we had a few late evenings together (and a very fun visit! I'll post some pictures soon.) Plus last night we had a crazy thunderstorm with incredible high winds...70 mph with gusts up to 90 mph from what Brent told me. For the first time, I am thankful we have no big trees near our house because there was this huge bang against the house that woke us up at 1:30 am or so. I first thought "A tree just fell on our house." And then I remembered that our trees are really little with no nearby trees that could cause such a sound. The noise was the fence gate next to our window that until then had not been shut completely.

After checking to make sure we had no tornado warnings, we eventually fell asleep...but let's just say that tonight, I will go to sleep EARLY!

So I wish I had more leftovers from last night's dinner because it was SO yummy...so I have to share! (It's an older Southern Living recipe.)

Tex-Mex Ravioli Casserole

1 (16-ounce) jar mild salsa
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 (28-ounce) bag frozen cheese ravioli, unthawed
2 (19-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese

1. Combine first 3 ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup sauce mixture on the bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart oval or 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top evenly with frozen cheese ravioli. Layer with black beans, chopped cilantro, green onions, and remaining sauce mixture; top evenly with shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.

2. Bake, covered with aluminum foil (lightly sprayed with Pam, to prevent cheese from sticking), at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Remove foil, and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.

Makes 6 servings. I served it with chips and guacamole...everyone loved it!

And now, I'm off to make a cup of tea to try and wake up a little! Lot's more to share tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kimber-Leigh,

My sister showed me your blog a while back and it's so fun. I wanted to let you know that Nick and I made this Tex Mex Ravioli a couple nights ago and it is Yum-O (in the words of Rachel Ray, whom I'm not a big fan of, but I mimic nonetheless). It looks like you and your family are doing wonderful. Thanks for the yummy recipe...

Natalie (Pless) Taylor

diane said...

I made this last night for dinner....we loved it! Thanks for sharing recipes on your blog.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs