Monday, January 08, 2007

Home.

Isn't it wonderful to go "home again" for Christmas...family...old familiar places and faces...special memories...


And isn't it wonderful to BE home again? Aside from all the unpacking and cleaning and settling back into our routine that goes hand in hand with returning from a three week vacation, I am glad to be home!

We had a very special time with both of our families...here's a list of some of my favorite highlights:
-taking the kiddos to see the gingerbread houses at the Grove Park Inn!
-cooking with Mom and Katy (my sister).(Mom agreed to share her peppermint cloud recipe, for those of you who asked...so I'll be posting it soon!)
-taking pictures of Hadleigh and Mom gathering pinecones to make treats for the birds.
-getting a pedicure with Mom at the Grove Park Inn Spa...seriously, fabulous. I would take one of these pedicures over 12 "regular" pedis any day. Can't wait to go again sometime...and next time we're taking my sister too!
-roasting marshmallows over the firepit at Brent's parents home.
-watching Hadleigh explore outside...I don't think she gets her love of outdoors from me :) She could stay out there all day, sun or snow!
-learning that Brent's brother and his wife are expecting number four!!!
-a picnic on the Blue Ridge Parkway on the most gorgeous New Year's Day EVER.
-an evening of chocolate fondue and games with both of our parents and Katy.
-watching Nathanael take his very first steps!!!
-Hadleigh and her cousin Sarah-Kate hugging while jumping on the trampoline...so cute!
-And I was excited to find under the tree for me...Photoshop Elements (from Brent) and a Cricut cutting machine from my parents! Now I just need to find time to figure both of them out!

And as for things I'd love to forget from our travels...we all got a yucky stomach bug while with my family (everyone but Nathanael and my brother Michael) and then we all caught colds while we were with Brent's family!

I have more pictures to share, but Blogger won't let me do more than two right now, so I'll post them later. Lots to blog about...with a resolution to keep all of you informed and entertained more often :)

I hope you are all having a wonderful New Year so far!

1 comment:

Jillian Marie said...

So glad you are back, missed ya...and with such beautiful photos-LOVe the one in all red! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Happy New Year to you!
xo Jillian

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs