Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Fireflies and stuff.

We made it! We're here...beautiful Asheville, NC!!!

The flight went so much better than I anticipated...so many people willing to help out a mom by herself with two kids (and way too much stuff for one person to carry!) You just have to appreciate the man who offers to carry a car seat to your seat and then latches it in securely. And the person who makes sure Hadleigh doesn't run back into the airport because the noise of the airplane at the entrance scares her, all the while, I am trying to collapse our stroller to check gateside and keep Nathanael from falling over.

So thankful for our helpful flight attendant...and for Mom waiting there for us...she was the light at the end of the tunnel for me!

It is so good to be "home" ... I"m just soaking in the mountains, the trees, the green, the smells of this place that I love so very much. We went for a walk tonight and Hadleigh caught her first lightning bug!

Fun to watch the kiddos interact with aunts and uncles and grandparents...excited about our visit...will post pictures later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely. I know how hard it is to travel (by yourself) with two kids, car seats, stroller and stuffs:) Have a fantastic time!

Hilary said...

How fun to be visiting grandparents! I'm glad you made it safely...and sanely after traveling with 2 little ones.

FYI...You might have done this, but I didn't know this until the last time I flew. But you can have someone not flying with you get a pass to go through security with you to the gate. When I flew to Dallas in February, Michael joined me to the gate and was able to help until we boarded, and then my mom did that in Dallas before we came back. You probably already knew that and did that, but in case you didn't, you can have your mom help you to the gate on your way home.

Enjoy your time in Asheville! Tell your family hello for me.

staceykingman said...

Oh, have FUN.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs